I lead strategy & operations at Mindle Inc, a Toronto company advancing AI by tackling the most challenging prediction problems. Today we are developing AI-enabled capital market signals.
I'm a beach volleyball fanatic. My partner and I live 1 km from Toronto's volleyball beach and and just got back from our beach volleyball wedding in Mexico and had a beach volleyball baby.
Founder: Before Mindle, I co-founded Deepnify (deck here), a machine learning saas startup helping retailers and manufacturers reduce food waste.
In 2011 I co-founded Fleetbit, which operated an Uber-style service in Toronto and then developed similar apps for 14 taxi companies in Canada and the US. We earned coverage in TechCrunch, drove across the country for a YCombinator interview visiting taxi companies in every state, lived together in a tiny office apartment, and graduated from incubators like Next36, NextAI, the DMZ, and The Creative Destruction Lab (twice!).
Data Driven Sales: Beyond AI, I'm most passionate about improving and scaling sales processes with data. I was the first sales hire at Tulip Retail, where I had a chance to build the team's outbound sales process from scratch and help grow Tulip into a successful (and most ethical!) saas company. After Tulip, I launched a SalesHacker's Vancouver event series and produced sales operations thought leadership content. I joined Predictable Revenue as an outbound sales consultant where I led campaigns for my clients, including UberEats, Toptal, and Security Scorecard. I also got to play with data! I developed data driven onboarding, campaign-monitoring, and customer success frameworks that the consulting team still uses.
- Connect I.T. - Artificial Intelligence: Unlocking Possibilities, Feb 9, 2018, MARS Discovery District
- The Beacon Forum, Feb, 2018, UofT
- TribalScale Takeover Innovation Conference, 2018
- RBC Disruptors, Can Humans Save AI, 2018
- Data with TopHat and Deepnify, TO Women's Data Group, 2018
- Women & Color Speaker Boorcamp (Coach/Mentor)
- A checklist approach to scaling your outbound campaigns, Jan 2017, Predictable Revenue
- Objection Deflection: Prospecting Enemy #1, Jul 2016, Predictable Revenue
- 2 Rules to Rock Your Salesforce Dashboard and Level Up Your SDR Team, Jan 2016, SalesHacker
- How to Define Opportunity Stages in Salesforce, Oct 2016, Predictable Revenue
- Four Salesforce Dashboards for More Effective SDR Teams, Aug 2015, SalesHacker
- 3 Simple Lead View Tweaks for More Effective SDRs, May 2015, SalesHacker
- Simple hack to improve your sales messaging, April 2015, SalesHacker
- How to use Google Forms in your SDR sales stack, March 2015, SalesHacker
- Krista Caldwell Of Tulip.IO On Sales Development Metrics And Best Practices, March 2015, DashTab Blog
- What taxi industry outsiders don’t get about VC-funded taxi apps
, Nov 2012, Pando Daily
In the news
- NextAI People’s Choice winner is using machine learning to reduce food waste at grocery stores, Sept 2017, ITBusiness
- NEXT FounderChats: Krista Caldwell, NextCanada, August 2017
- Can Humans Save AI? Only If We Act Now, July 2017, RBC Blog
- How The Other 4 made The Next 36, Financial Post, 2011
- Uber launches in Toronto to local competition, BetaKit, 2012
- Winston Transitions into App Platform for Existing Taxi Companies, Launches Fleetbit, Techvibes, 2013
- Taxi-hailing apps draw fire, Financial Post, 2013
- Uber competitor Winston Inc pivots to build white labeled apps for taxi companies, 2013, BetaKit